Saturday, 26 January 2008

Romain's arrival in Ghana!


Ghana here I am! I just reached tonight, my flight was OK though connection in London was a bit short. So obviously, what was to happen happenned: my luggage didn't reach. A great opportunity to experience how it feels wearing the same shirt for three days in a row... Can't tell you the happiness to change clothes once I got my luggage back on Tuesday!
As far as the country is concerned, it's just great! There might be the soccer African Cup of Nations on, Accra is a very quiet & organized city. It's a bit loaded with traffic but nothing to compare with Bombay though.
I stay in a hotel just couple of hundred meters away from my work and have the luxury of a car, a beautiful Mitsubishi pick-up bumped everywhere and that can record accelerations from 0 to 100 km/h in just 37.4 sec!
Ghanaians are really friendly people who welcome foreigners (as long as they don't bug them if I understood correctly though!)
Let's face it: Ghana is THE place to stay and recover from 3 difficult years in Bombay with a family! ;-))