Tuesday, 27 May 2008

Towards the North

Just after these two days in Benin, I went on another professional trip to Northern Ghana to see whether my NGO ID-Ghana would be needed over there, so to speak. I went on that trip with Laëtitia (it's indeed on her way back home to Ouagadougou) and we chose to take the Eastern road that goes via the Volta Region, one of the regions of Ghana nested in between lake Volta (to the West) and Togo (to the East). the road turned out to be really beautiful. Just an hour and a half away from Accra, we crossed the Volta river on the Volta Bridge, not so big yet impressive steel structure accross the water:


We crossed the few urban center of Southern Volta Region, among which the district-capital of Hohoe, with its dusty streets:


And as we drove North we discovered and wilder and wilder landscape, really beautiful...



Until we got to start the dust tracks for a good 4 hours... Believe me by the end of it your ears are gone!


But it does remain a pleasure for the eyes!

Yet I must say, the everlasting fufu is not so much of a pleasure for the taste as far as I am concerned... Did you say sticky??