Monday, 18 January 2010

Towards the hippos of the Black Volta

The bush in Northern Ghana is full of baobabs, some being amazing, huge and beautiful:


Here is a view of Black Volta at night. The bank opposite side is Burkina Faso:


I spent the night outside on a platform. From midnight onwards I was unable to sleep as the Sahelian nights are very cold... But the difficult hours of the night are quickly forgotten once one discovers the beautiful scenery of the nature awakening...


... And when the guide Memouna is preparing a fire to drink a nice and warm coffee of course!


The Black Volta still covered with the morning mist:


A charming snake having its morning tour of the bank:


Reflections are so pure on the surface of the still waters:


And at last the colony of hippos that we observed from a distance. Certainly one of the most amazing moments I got to spend in Ghana:


No comments: